Notice for Travelers to Ghana
Following The Opening Of The Kotoka Airport To International Travels Which Commenced On 01/09/20, The Embassy Of Ghana In Moscow, Russia, Wishes To Inform The Following Measures Are To Be Noted And Strictly Adhered To
- All passengers arriving in Ghana must be in possession of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin and the test must have been done not more than seventy-two (72) hours before arrival in the country. All airlines have been instructed to ensure compliance with this directive for all passengers wishing to travel to Ghana. Any airline which fails in this regard will be duly sanctioned;
- All passengers would be required to undergo a mandatory COVID- 19 test at the airport terminal upon arrival in Ghana at a fee of one hundred and fifty united states dollars (us $ 150.00) to be borne by the passenger. The test result will be available within thirty (30) minutes;
- Passengers, Who Test Positive For Covid-19, Would Be Handed Over To The Health Authorities For Further Clinical Assessment And Management;
- Passengers, who test negative will be admitted into the country and will be advised to continue to observe covid-19 safety precautions during their stay in Ghana.
- Children under the age of five (5) years would not be required to undergo testing at the airport;
- Persons who arrive under emergency circumstances, such as diverted flights, would not be required to undergo testing if they do not leave the airport or if they remain in transit and do not leave their holding hotel;
- Airline crew are exempt from the pre-departure and arrival testing and should follow airline policy for testing.