Renunciation of Citizenship Guidelines
Applicants applying to renounce their Ghanaian citizenship must submit a duly completed Declaration of Renunciation of Citizenship of Ghana Form (available at the Consular Section of the Embassy)
Applicants must also submit the following in addition to the Form:
Requirements for Renunciation
- The applicant may address a formal letter to the Minister for the Interior through the Embassy.
- The application should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae of the applicant, clearly stating the name and current address of his/her parents as well as indicating whether he/she is in any way indebted to the Government of Ghana by way of bond, scholarship, etc.
- Evidence of not being indebted to Ghana Government if applicant travelled for further studies abroad under Ghana Government Scholarship
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs
- Receipts of payments for processing and purchase of form.
- The submitted documents will then be forwarded to the Minister of Interior in Accra for consideration. Upon approval, the Minister of Interior would issue a Renunciation Certificate and forward it to this Embassy for onward delivery to the Applicant
REVIEW OF CHARGES/FEES
The Embassy of the Republic of Ghana
wishes to bring to the notices of the general public especially the Ghanaian
Community, these new charges, effective
1st July, 2020
Renunciation Fee : USD 300.00
CONSULAR LETTERS FEE
Consular Letters Authentication : USD 40.00
Attestation : USD 40.00
Certificate (“SPRAVKA”) : USD 30.00
Emergency Travel Certificate: USD 60.00
THERE IS NO MORE EXTENSION OF EXPIRED PASSPORTS (Ref. on 01/01/2017)